ADSM-L

Recovery Log not compressed after db incremental backup

2001-02-08 04:08:12
Subject: Recovery Log not compressed after db incremental backup
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:09:55 +0100
After upgrading from AIX ADSM server 3.1.2.54 to 3.1.2.90 I see a strange
behaviour. First I have the impression that the recovery lofg fills faster.
Second, we had several incremental db backups this night. The log
utilization however was not reset. The full backup worked. Is this a known
behaviour? Upgrading to TSM 4.1 is on the todo list. But it may require some
time for planning.
Best regards
Gerhard

---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany