ADSM-L

Re: RMAN ADSM Errors

2001-01-30 13:10:49
Subject: Re: RMAN ADSM Errors
From: Thiha Than <Thiha_Than AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:11:53 -0800
hi,

I think 7200 for commtimeout value is more than enough.  The only effect
that commtimeout has on sessions is that idle sessions stay longer before
got canceled by the server.

Probably, there isn't enough data to send through three different sessions.
Whey don't you start only one session?  If you are getting -50 from other
two sessions, that means that your sessions are timing out.  Try starting
one session only and see whether the backup is successful or not.  If still
fails, include DSMO_DEBUG=49 env flag in the allocate channel command.
That will produce orcagent.log under $ORACL_HOME/dbs directory.  That log
file should give you some idea of what went wrong.

regards,
Thiha

>adsmserv:/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/dsmserv.opt already has the line
>COMMTimeout 7200

>do you think I should boost it even higher? That should already be 2
hours!
>What would be the downside of having a huge COMMTIMEOUT?

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:53:20 -0800, Thiha Than <Thiha_Than AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
replied
to me: