ADSM-L

Solaris client install query

2000-09-06 06:18:18
Subject: Solaris client install query
From: Steven Bridge <ccaasub AT UCL.AC DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:18:21 +0100
Could anyone tell me how to install the latest ( 3.7 or 4.1 ) TSM
client for the Solaris 7 platform ?

Previously I have installed the 2.6 client and have specified the
sunadsm.pkg file with the -d flag to the pkgadd command.

I have downloaded the 3.7 and 4.1 versions ( IP21931 and IP22087 )
and the tar file expands to a directory containing TIVsmC*
subdirectories but I cannot see any .pkg files.

I have looked at my TSM for Sun/Solaris 3.7 CD but I cannot see any
.pkg files on here either.

I have tried specifying the directory containing the TIV files but
pkgadd says that 'no packages were found in ...'.

 Steven Bridge     Systems Group, Information Systems, EISD
                          University College London
 email: s.bridge AT ucl.ac DOT uk                   tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2794