ADSM-L

Re: Building a *sm Solaris Server

2000-03-08 06:17:04
Subject: Re: Building a *sm Solaris Server
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 06:17:04 -0500
> - It looks like I can run solaris7 and TSM 3.7 with not problem?
> - I assume I should put the db and log files on the internal disks
> (mirrored)  in the E450 and not on the raid box.
> - Does this system seem big enough to handle 600gb per night?
> - Should I make one big stage pool or a few smaller ones?

When you mirror the db and log, use ADSM mirroring.  Also, on your last
question, are you asking about using volume manager to glue the disks
together?  If so, don't.  Just create an ADSM stgpool volume per disk.
If you are asking about having multiple disk storage pools, I would not do
that unless I had to have multiple policy domains.

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)