ADSM-L

Building a *sm Solaris Server

2000-03-07 17:38:19
Subject: Building a *sm Solaris Server
From: "Hagan, Patrick L" <haganpl AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 16:38:19 -0600
I need some advice. We are merging three ADSM aix servers into one new
Solaris server. This new server will be a SUN E450 with 4 cpu's, 2GB of
memory, and internal disk drives. We will be using an fibre raid box (1TB)
for stage pools. The tape device will be a stortek 9710 with 10 dlt7000's.
We are backing up about 600gb of data an night. My questions are:

It looks like I can run solaris7 and TSM 3.7 with not problem?
I assume I should put the db and log files on the internal disks
(mirrored)  in the E450 and not on the raid box.
Does this system seem big enough to handle 600gb per night?
Should I make one big stage pool or a few smaller ones?

Please answer slowly, and use small words, I am very very new to the *sm
world.

Patrick Hagan
BPAmoco