ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade 3590s 1BA/1EA - Problems

2000-01-27 07:23:17
Subject: Re: Upgrade 3590s 1BA/1EA - Problems
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:23:17 +0100
H.G.,

still having problems on two out of the four tapes.

IBM changed on one of the two faulty drive:

        - head      (nothing's changed)
        - card-pack (nothing's changed)

I changed:

        - 3590 microcode from D0IC_994 to D0IC_A70 (nothing's changed)
        - Atape driver downgraded 5.0.2 -> 4.6.2   (nothing's changed)

IBM guys are scratching their heads, they run short on ideas ... I'm busy
copying the R/O cartridges and trying to restore what it's set as
damaged. I wish I could go back to the old and secure 3590-1BA drives.

I have two drive on each board (Wide/Fast-20 SCSI I/O Controller). Can
this be a problem given the current throughput of the new drives?

How many 3590-1EA do you have on a single SCSI channel and which SCSI
board do you have on the AIX box?

Mauro, STM
> Hello,
>
> we see exactly the same problems and are realy very dissatiesfied!
> Those drives had been told us to be comaptible with the 3590!!!!
> Now we have problems to read our old tapes. Forget archive with
> IBM tapes.
>
> H.G.Borrmann

._______________________________________________________________________
__.
> |H.G.Borrmann                           |Tel.: (0761) 203-4652
 |
> |Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg|Fax:  (0761) 203-4643
 |
> |Hermann-Herder-Str. 10                 |email:
 |
> |D79104 FREIBURG                        |borrmann AT ruf.uni-freiburg DOT de

__|

> > Dears,
> >
> > upgrade done 2 days ago, with the following packages:
> >
> >         atldd: 4.0.7
> >         Atape: 5.0.2
> >         3494 Library Manager Code: 521.17
> >
> > everything apparently was fine. But the next night 20 cartridges had
I/O