ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade 3590s 1BA/1EA - Problems

2000-01-21 07:51:20
Subject: Re: Upgrade 3590s 1BA/1EA - Problems
From: "Smith, Bob" <bob.smith AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:51:20 -0000
We had problems after our upgrade to 3590Es with I/O errors (message
ANR8302E). Sense indicated tape tensioning error. 3590E drive microcode
installed by IBM was C747. Within a couple of days IBM recommended upgrading
to level CA70, which is supposed to fix this problem. We have had no
problems of this nature since the code was upgraded (couple of weeks
running).

Also check that after the upgrade you did a "delete drive" and "define
drive" for all the 3590Es; otherwise ADSM thinks they are still 3590Bs. We
had this problem too - and several people on this ADSM-L list helpfully
pointed this out to me!

Bob Smith - TI Operations EMEA
EDS UK
email: bob.smith AT exgb01.exch.eds DOT com