ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade 3590s 1BA/1EA - Problems

2000-01-21 10:55:03
Subject: Re: Upgrade 3590s 1BA/1EA - Problems
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:55:03 +0100
Richard,

> Mauro - You didn't say if the 3590 microcode was also updated
the code is D0IC_999. It should be the latest.

> ... new 3590 microcode, which has a lower tolerance for media errors
I heard this ... something that has got to do with a SARS or something
like it ...

> If you reclaim the tapes and reset the tape labels, you
> may be able to resume using the tapes - but keep an eye on the ones
> that were reported.
I will move data out of those and keep an eye on them.

I spent all afternoon with the CE. Apparently one of them tried to set
the pressure of the vacuum-chamber without the gauge. The vacuum level
wasn't correct on two drives ... I'm waiting to see the result.

Thank you very much for your help

Mauro, STM