ADSM-L

ADSM 3.1.2.50 problems.

2000-01-13 07:06:46
Subject: ADSM 3.1.2.50 problems.
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:06:46 +0100
Dear(s),

        I installed the latest release of ADSM Friday, and so far I came across
the following two problems. I'd like to find out if anybody of you is
experiencing the same behaviour:

        Environment: NSM3466-C00 (H50, 16 x 9.1 SSA discs)
                     4 x 3590-1BA
                     Library 3494
        Software:    AIX 4.3.2
                     ADSM.server.rte    3.1.2.50
                          devices.rte   3.1.2.50
                          devices.acsls 3.1.2.50

1) 'q sessions', sometimes shows sessions which aren't anymore
   connected. 'canc session' displays the message "cancelling session"
   without actually doing much. No connections tcp/ip can be matched
   using netstat (and no connection on the client side!).

2) if it happens that I have to stop the adsm-server with drive(s) in
   MOUNT or IDLE state (with cartdridges loaded), and then I restart the
   ADSM again, I have to open the 3494 and manually unload the
   cartridges, because the ADSM  give the following messages for each
   drive:

   ANR8469E Dismount of 3590 volume <vol-name> from drive RMT<n>
                          (/dev/rmt<n>) in library IBM3494 failed

   and set them as 'unavailable since <start-up time>'

Mauro, STM