ADSM-L

Re: Using db2 or oracle or whatever for the TSM DB

1999-11-16 14:11:48
Subject: Re: Using db2 or oracle or whatever for the TSM DB
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:11:48 -0600
     If they could improve performance by implementing an Oracle, DB2, or
     other replacement for the current DB, that would make sense, otherwise
     why bother.  The current DB is not all that hard to manage and the
     only problem I see could be corrected with some kind of reorg
     utillity.   Not the current unload, reload thing that takes forever
     but something that would reorg the database in a reasonable amount of
     time while it was online.
     Jim Sporer