ADSM-L

Re: Strange Connect Agent Error

1999-10-25 11:53:00
Subject: Re: Strange Connect Agent Error
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:53:00 -0500
Thanks Chris,

Looking through the event log I can see the following:

7p.m ADSM Client Service runs the command to start the Exchange Backup.
7.45p.m ADSM Client service reports that it has successfully executed the
Exchange Backup command. (however the output shows that the backup completed
with the Exchange Error: There is no backup in progress. Looks like it had
sent about 14Gb of data)

Seconds later all the Exchange Services shutdown normally and then restart.
This doesn't look like an abnormal shutdown as there are no STOP events.

Normally if the Exchange Info Store goes down during a backup I get either
the ACN200E (Directory down.) or ACN201E (Info Store down.)

I'm following up with the Exchange team to see if they know why Exchange
shutdown and restarted.

I re-ran the backup this morning and it completed successfully so the
problem is probably not going to be recreatable.

Thanks for your help,

Nathan