ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7 GUI Admin - did I miss something?

1999-10-08 17:18:01
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7 GUI Admin - did I miss something?
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:18:01 -0400
And it's not like IBM doesn't already know that filtering is a problem
with the web admin.  I submitted a requirement at SHARE 18 months ago.
At the following SHARE IBM responded  'thanks for the suggestion, no plans to
implement this'.

Maybe, and I hope, IBM is planning to put a lot of features into the proxy.
The proxy should be able to get a list of nodes or filespaces or volumes
and hold it until a refresh is requested.  It should be able to sort, filter
etc.
This makes sense to me.  New server levels are a nervous time for me and
maybe for the developers too.  They should be able to send out new proxy
levels much quicker.

Filtering is really necessary.  I have 1500 nodes.  It takes a long time for
my browser to convert a very large html stream into graphics.  It is a pain
to the scroll such a beast.  As you might guess, I don't use the web admin
client much now.

I was briefly in the beta for the TSM 37 mvs server.  I just installed the
proxy today.
It seemed a little faster when run against a small test server.

IBM/Tivoli, do you have plans to really spiff up the web admin or not?
Inquiring minds want to know!!

--