ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7 GUI Admin - did I miss something?

1999-10-08 10:30:23
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7 GUI Admin - did I miss something?
From: "Eric P. Gruber" <egruber AT RISCMAN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:30:23 -0400
Hey Gang,

I find this to be an interesting thread.  It is difficult to give up an
interface that we are used to however, in Tivoli Storage Manager 3.7, a
secure Web Admintrator proxy has been introduced which gives us
additional "features".  Web proxy caching will allow a web session
request to be satistied by the proxy without slamming the server, which
frees that server from a significant load.  Also, the Web proxy creates
a secure link between client and server at the time of a Web session.
This replaces SSL on Tivoli Storage Manager servers.  If additional
servers are defined using server-to-server communication, the proxy
server can be redirected to manage additional Tivoli Storage Manager
servers concurrently.  Just some food for thought.

Best Regards,

Eric Gruber
RISCmanagement, Inc.