ADSM-L

running backup + expire at the same time

1999-08-26 03:46:38
Subject: running backup + expire at the same time
From: Winfried Heilmann <Winfried.Heilmann AT INFRACOR DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:46:38 +0200
Hi,
I have read in several mails that problems may occur, when migration- , backup
and reclamation processes are running at the same time.  ( I also have
problems with deadlocks, and IBM told me too to start expire and backup at
different times) But I have not found any documentation where this is
discribed. The scheduler of ADSM doesn't  support the definition of
dependencies, so I only have the chance to start the processes at different
times. This is not  a good solution.

IBM should document which procceses are allowed to run at the same time and the
scheduler should support  dependencies or resource-controlling like other
schedulers (OPC or control m).

What are you thinking about that?

regards winfried