ADSM-L

Re: running backup + expire at the same time

1999-08-27 02:33:56
Subject: Re: running backup + expire at the same time
From: Russell Street <russells AT AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:33:56 +1200
On previous versions of ADSM 3.x, we used to see a few deadlocks from
expiry colliding with other processes.  Sometimes expiration would be
cancelled, sometimes the other process would be cancelled.

More annoying was that expiration could lock out other processes and
even queries for long long periods of time.

Under 3.1.2.40 (& Solaris) I have not seen either of these happen
again.  Our expiration runs for in excess of 48 hours (45 million
objects to consider.)

Russell