ADSM-L

Re: error in X client for LINUX when selecting Restore

1999-08-26 03:32:54
Subject: Re: error in X client for LINUX when selecting Restore
From: peter jodda <oelsburg AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 00:32:54 PDT
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 18:40:28 -0600

     Hi Unix gurus:  one of our customers had the following problem using
     the X-Windows LINUX client.  Most of our UNIX techs eschew the
     X-windows client so I don't know if this problem is a common one.  Is
     the X-Windows LINUX client known to be full featured?  Reliable?  Can
     you offer any clues about the problem?

     I looked at the download site and see that the current Linux client
     has a 6/25/99 date ... does this reflect a level update?  The last
     time I checked the LINUX client was still at level 1.

     T.I.A. for LINUX client info.  Eric Lewis UW-Madison

     eric.lewis AT doit.wisc DOT edu

When I hit the "restore" button on the X client running
on Linux, it crashes, and I get the following message on
the console:

Xlib: sequence lost (0x101dd > 0x101ce) in reply type 0x0!
X Error of failed request:  BadGC (invalid GC parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  56 (X_ChangeGC)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x400103
  Serial number of failed request:  477

<< RFC822.TXT >>
The Linux client is still unsupported and somewhat buggy (PTF1 level).
You should not use it in production environment.
I have not heard about plans to support linux in the future.