ADSM-L

Re: Offsite Vaulting/Disaster Recovery

1999-08-25 10:56:44
Subject: Re: Offsite Vaulting/Disaster Recovery
From: "Toora, Kuli" <kulbinder.toora AT MEB.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:56:44 +0100
Hello,

We have a very similar set up to you.
We run ADSM 3.1.2.20 on OS390 2.4.
We use DFSMSRMM to manage the movement of tapes from our site to our offsite
vault.
I have written some small REXX EXECs to synchronize ADSM with DFSMSRMM as we
use STK silos for our tape storage.
When tapes go offsite in the morning these REXXs update the location of the
tapes in the copy pool in ADSM to indicate that the tapes are now offsite
and not mountable.
A full database copy is done daily after all our primary storage pool
backups to our copy pool tapes to go offsite. An incremental is then done
just before the online day begins. One copy is sent offsite and another full
copy is made for onsite use.

If you require any more info drop me a line on the address below.

Thanks,

Kuli.

Kulbinder Toora
01384 296191 x3498
e-mail - Kulbinder.toora AT meb.co DOT uk
NPEC (National Power Energy Company)

This outgoing e-mail (and any attachments) has been checked
(using Sophos SAVI 3.24 and Dr Solomon's v7.96) before leaving us
(UK 01384 296191), and has been found to be clean from any virus infection.

Virus queries - PC Tech Support (09 3521)
E-mail system - External Postmaster (09 3673).