ADSM-L

Re: Offsite Vaulting/Disaster Recovery

1999-08-25 10:38:47
Subject: Re: Offsite Vaulting/Disaster Recovery
From: "Agnew, Doug" <dagnew AT CHARLOTTEPIPE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:38:47 -0400
Rob,

I have some scripts I wrote for ADSM on AIX that manage my tape movement.
Basically, my scripts check out all copy pool tapes and a database backup (I
use a full database backup daily) and also check out some specific primary
pool tapes that I am not duplicating).  I tag all these tapes with a
location (or access if copy pool) of 'offsite'.  I can then generate a list
of tapes that ADSM thinks are offsite, compare that to the previous days
list and generate a set of movements to and from offsite storage.  Also,
once a week, I change the reclaim percentages on my copy pools to a low
number to force my daily incremental copies to consolidate.  This frees up a
number of tapes and is run in the afternoon AFTER the latest set of copy
tapes goes offsite.

Just some ideas that may give you a direction to go in.  Scripts are
available upon request.

Doug Agnew