ADSM-L

Offsite Vaulting/Disaster Recovery

2015-10-04 17:40:32
Subject: Offsite Vaulting/Disaster Recovery
From: Rob Schwartz [mailto:Rschwartz AT BOSCOVS DOT COM]
We are in the process of creating a disaster recovery plan for our OS/390
and several NT servers.  Our ADSM server (3.1.2.0) is running on OS/390.
Has anyone established an offsite vaulting and disaster recovery plan NOT
using the Disaster Recovery Manager (DRM) feature of ADSM.  I have done some
work setting up a COPY storage pool but have encountered vaulting issues
relating to full backups versus incrementals.  I think that it may be easier
(but more expensive!!) to use DRM but I need to determine if it can be done
without DRM.

Thanks for your help...

Rob Schwartz
Boscov's Dept Store
Reading PA
610-929-7387    rschwartz AT boscovs DOT com