ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Bottleneck

1999-08-21 12:21:23
Subject: Re: ADSM Bottleneck
From: Rodrigo Cordovil Gazzaneo <rgazzaneo AT INFOLINK.COM DOT BR>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 11:21:23 EST
Building blocks is a good approach. When I said that NT is your bottleneck,
my big point is scalability. Building block is a way of growing your
capacity in linear way.

However, you will have a harder management of your ADSM servers (instead
of a single box). By the other hand, ADSM lets you use management profiles
and a configuration server, that might help.

By the way, how will you make tape storage ? A big library on a single box
or smaller ones on every block ? You could have a "better" box to be your
tape storage server and use SERVER class pools to migrate data.

Anyway, check prices. Are many boxes cheaper than a bigger one with
better scalability ? Consider management costs, too.

best regards,
Rodrigo