ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Bottleneck

1999-08-19 22:50:06
Subject: Re: ADSM Bottleneck
From: Rodrigo Cordovil Gazzaneo <rgazzaneo AT INFOLINK.COM DOT BR>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:50:06 EST
NT is your bottleneck !

Sorry for the strong way of saying, but scalability is not the strong point
for NT, so adding processors is not closer to linear (ideal) performance
growth.

I am not sure, but NT licensing for SMP systems and the NT system itself
may not be worth the performance gain.

If I were you I would add memory and try to distribute I/O through many
disk/tapes controllers. Probably results will be a lot better than just
adding another CPU.

good luck,

Rodrigo