ADSM-L

Re: DLT reliability

1999-08-05 10:24:07
Subject: Re: DLT reliability
From: "Wu, Jie" <JWu AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:24:07 -0500
DLT tapes have been giving me much headache. From the specification, DLT
technology seems very pretty. However, I had to replace over ten tapes in
the last 3 or 4 months. That is painful experience. Yes, definitely do not
use a tape for more than half a year.
By the way, I am using IBM 7337, and the Quantum drives in it have formware
version V65. People are saying that this level of firmware will cause
tape-reading and locating problem. Can somebody confirm this?

Jie

Jie Wu
System and Storage Administrator
ROW Sciences Inc @NCTR FDA