ADSM-L

Re: 64 BIT ADSM API in ADSM 3.1.2.30 /40

1999-08-05 10:24:36
Subject: Re: 64 BIT ADSM API in ADSM 3.1.2.30 /40
From: Rodrigo Cordovil Gazzaneo <rgazzaneo AT INFOLINK.COM DOT BR>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:24:36 EST
Hi,

Only the new POWER3 nodes (Thin or Wide / 1-way or 2-way). Old POWER2 nodes
are 32-bit. AIX promises to run 32 bit applications in 64-bit boxes just
like they were 64-bit native.

I have this opinion, please correct me if I am wrong : 32 bits applications
on the new 64 bits boxes will get better performance first because they
will be running on better performance hardware, more powerful processors,
better thruput I/O archicteture, so on.

So no big problem for most sites to migrate to new 64-bit hardware.

best regards,
Rodrigo