ADSM-L

AppleScript Shutdown Command w/ADSM

1999-07-08 19:45:51
Subject: AppleScript Shutdown Command w/ADSM
From: Tom Klingman <tgk5 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 19:45:51 -0400
Hi,

After ADSM completes the backup I would like the Scheduler to Quit and then
for the computer to shutdown (I don't like the computers on all night with
possibility of lightening strikes this time of the year).  I added a line
to the ADSM Preferences File that references a AppleScript that forces the
Scheduler to quit after the backup is complete.  However, when I tell the
Finder to Shut Down this part of the script does not work (although the
Scheduler will Quit) work (although it does compile).  Can you use
AppleScript to force the computer to shutdown?  (I've only done a little
bit of AppleScripting).  If so, what is the syntax?   If not, what other
options are available?  I am aware of the Energy Saver control panel for
scheduled shutdowns, but I would really like each computer to shutdown as
the backup finishes.

Thanks!