ADSM-L

Re: AppleScript Shutdown Command w/ADSM

1999-07-08 22:19:55
Subject: Re: AppleScript Shutdown Command w/ADSM
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 19:19:55 -0700
I believe that there is an option that you can put into the ADSM
Preferences file that will do what you want. Not having a manual
handy, I can't check to see what the exact name of the option is,
but a quick search of the manual or the file that accompanies the
sample Preferences file should show what the option is.

Instead of immediately shutting the system down, ADSM will pop a
dialog box on top indicating that the system will be shutdown in
X minutes, and there is a cancel option at that point--so a user
still working won't have the system taken out from underneath
him/her.

 -- Tom