ADSM-L

Re: SAMS vantage

1999-06-09 05:42:43
Subject: Re: SAMS vantage
From: Werner Baur <Werner.Baur AT LRZ-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:42:43 +0200
I am also planning to use Vantage DP. Actually I have already installed it,
but so far no real experiences with the product.

The main reason for me to choose Vantage DP is that package enables you to
get a long time view of the increase of your storage environment, i.e.
occupancy of ADSM resources. This is important for me as the snap shot you
get with ADSM query commands or sql statements is not enough to perform
reliable trend analysis.
What I am missing until now is the ability to gather drive load and volume
statistics. I was told by Sterling Software that this is planned for the
next release.

Again, I have no experineces with Vantage DP so far, but of course I'm
interested to learn from others.

Regards,
Werner

--
Werner Baur                    Tel.:++49-89-28928781
Werner Baur                    Tel.:++49-89-28928781