ADSM-L

Re: SAMS vantage

1999-06-11 05:04:26
Subject: Re: SAMS vantage
From: Chris De Bondt <Chris.De.Bondt AT DVVLAP DOT BE>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:04:26 +0200
hi ray,

well: we are running ADSM (server) on OS/390, and have set-up some REXX
execs ourselves to monitor the back-up schedules, the performance, the
capacity growth, etc... ADSM gives you all the information and
interfaces to do that, but the main problem is always the same: if you
really want a userfriendly and flexible tool, it takes a lot of time to
write it yourself. If you try to save time and make a
'quick-and-a-little-bit-dirty' tool, you'll probably find that the only
one using it, is the man who wrote it, because he's the only one who
knows what's there and how it works.
Personally, I don't believe in writing those kinds of things yourself
(unless you have manpower to spare, of course), providing of course
there's an acceptabel tool on the market. I think I'm going to test sams
to find out if it is that.

Good luck with your management,

Chris