ADSM-L

Re: SAMS vantage

1999-06-09 10:43:16
Subject: Re: SAMS vantage
From: DAVID HENDRIX <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 08:43:16 -0600
We have money ear-marked for this product.  We are waiting for the next release
which hopefully will start accumulation of server process statistics and
tape/tape drive utilization, etc.  We capture this same data today and I have
shown sterling our scripts and access database which tracks this info - which is
published to our internal web site.

When we looked at the product a year ago, they were showing us features for the
current release.  From what I saw, the features made it into the current
release.  I hope they do as well with server processes, etc.

We need a trending and forecasting tool like this (and throw away the home grown
stuff).  But, hey, we also need SAN a heck of alot more.

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com

Ray Harder <ccray AT SHOWME.MISSOURI DOT EDU> on 06/09/99 07:45:04 AM