ADSM-L

Re: Stale NFS handle on LOCAL drive????

1999-05-04 11:40:09
Subject: Re: Stale NFS handle on LOCAL drive????
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 08:40:09 -0700
When we've seen similar error messages on the SGI client, it has
often been a symptom of an OS-level problem. One simple test that
you can try is to issue a 'df' command, and see if that returns
with no errors. If 'df' has an error, then you can tell that
your ADSM error is only a propagation of the lower level problem.
A stale NFS handle generally comes when ADSM is attempting to
determine the list of all available filesystems on the machine,
and 'df' has to make a similar call.

 -- Tom