ADSM-L

Re: Restore time / OS390

1999-04-14 10:21:26
Subject: Re: Restore time / OS390
From: Dan Kronstadt <dkronsta AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 07:21:26 -0700
I don't think I have seen an answer from anyone here.
I suspect the problem is that you are NOT getting a
"no-query restore" if I remember the terminology
right. At some recent release, ADSM supported a new,
faster restore. Without the appropriate options, a
list of files was transmitted to the client, which
analyzed them to decide WHAT to restore. With the
proper options, that process is bypassed, and the
restore begins immediately. I took a brief look at the
online ADSM documentation, but could not find the
section that explined how to ensure you got a "no
query restore."

Hope this helps, and that someone can point you to "no
query restore."

--- Winfried Heilmann <Winfried.Heilmann AT INFRACOR DOT DE>
wrote:
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have very long restore-times. Even if we restore
> only some files (20) we
> need about 20-30 min.
>
> Server: OS390,ADSM 3.1.2.14,RVA, DEC/UNIX-Client
> 3.1.0.5
>
> Collocation is active
>
> Does anybody have the same experience?. Is this a
> Bug?
>
> Regards
> winfried

===