ADSM-L

Re: Restore time / OS390

1999-04-14 10:43:16
Subject: Re: Restore time / OS390
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:43:16 -0400
>I took a brief look at the online ADSM documentation,
>but could not find the section that explined how to ensure
>you got a "no query restore."

Indeed, should be in the manual.  (Anyone who finds things missing in
the manuals should pursue the "Do You Have Comments or Suggestions?"
section in the front of the manual.)

From notes I kept from a developer's response on this topic some
months ago:
No Query Restore is used automatically for all restores unless
one or more of the following options is used:
 INActive, Pick, FROMDate, FROMTime, LAtest, TODate, TOTime.
This is basically described in the manual Using the UNIX Backup-Archive
Clients, under description of the Restore command, 2nd paragraph.
(This, of course, is subject to software changes.)

   Richard Sims, BU