ADSM-L

Re: Low performance with Notes Backup Agent

1999-02-11 12:58:44
Subject: Re: Low performance with Notes Backup Agent
From: Joshua Bassi <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:58:44 -0800
I have seen the same problem using the ADSMConnect Agent for Lotus Notes on
AIX.  It seemed to always send more data to the CLIENT than to the SERVER.
I have ran many tests against this using several versions of the ADSMConnect
Agent mixed and matched against different versions of the Notes server.

ADSM Level 2 support is aware of this problem.  From what I was told by
several L2 reps, it is due to a Notes API restriction.  They indicate that
the Notes API is only allowing a single document to be backed up at a time.
Then after it is backed up, the ADSMConnect Agent must perform some type of
checksum to guarantee that the document was backed up correctly.  L2
indicated that Lotus is going to remove this API restriction when Notes R5
ships.

BTW I haven't verified this with Lotus.

-
-
Joshua Bassi                            E-mail:    jbassi AT gloryworks DOT com
Joshua Bassi                            E-mail:    jbassi AT gloryworks DOT com
Storage Management Team Lead            VM/Pager:  (972) 680-6247
Dickens Services Group                  Internet:  www.teamdsg.com
-
-