ADSM-L

Low performance with Notes Backup Agent

1999-02-11 10:50:25
Subject: Low performance with Notes Backup Agent
From: Sistemas Sevilla <iesevsis AT ARRAKIS DOT ES>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:50:25 +0100
Dear list subscribers:

We are experiencing low performance problems with ADSM Notes Backup
Agent for OS/2.
When I submit a QUERY SESSION in my ADSM Server, the session shows
surprinsingly that sent bytes are much greater than received bytes
during an incremental backup(DSMNOTES INCR).
I want to point out that an incremental backup implies receiving
information from the ADSM Client to the ADSM Server.
If I make an incremental backup with OS/2 backup client(DSMC INCR), in
the same machine, everything works fine.
I had to set TCPWINDOWSIZE down to 31, as the level of TCP/IP in this
machine is very old, according to release notes.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot.