ADSM-L

Re: need different node name for dfs & api clients to coexist?

1999-02-10 15:46:26
Subject: Re: need different node name for dfs & api clients to coexist?
From: Alan White <arw AT TIPPER.DEMON.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 20:46:26 -0000
Tina

Did support ask you to try setting the passworddir option in the API dsm.sys
file for the SQL Backtrack client?

I've been doing some work with the API recently and remember seeing
something similar when sharing a nodename. I must admit I got round it by
using different nodenames eventually for simplicity - and I'd be tempted to
argue very strongly with the salesman about this if there were any licensing
difficulties.

If you want to use passwordaccess generate under the API at V3 (and use
multi-threading) you have to either run as root or set the passworddir to a
directory that the user that runs the API application has read and write
access to (there's a bunch of other strange requirements too).

It just might be worth a try. I'll play around with this tomorrow and see if
I can recreate this. It might have these licensing implications if we
distribute the API client we're writing to many machines (and IBM get very
stroppy about us overcoming deficiencies in the configs this way).

Regards
Alan