ADSM-L

Restore on NT did not keep directory level permissions

1999-02-10 16:42:41
Subject: Restore on NT did not keep directory level permissions
From: "Smith, Robbin" <Robbin_Smith AT LESWHEX01.LITTONLCS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:42:41 -0800
ADSM server 2.1.0.6 on AIX; Win NT 4.0 server client
When we restored an entire drive and the files had the correct permissions
associated with them but the directories and sub-directories did not. The
restore request was issued from the client using the gui interface by
highlighting the drive and using the file specification option with the
argument *.* and subdirectories clicked on.
Did we do something wrong, or is this a known problem?

Thanks,
Robbin M. Smith
Litton Enterprise Solutions
Smithr AT littonles DOT com <mailto:Smithr AT littonles DOT com>

Subject to the Year 2000 Information and Readiness Disclosure Act (Public
Law 105-271)