ADSM-L

Re: query occupancy for clients?

1998-12-02 12:29:41
Subject: Re: query occupancy for clients?
From: "Bohnsack, JA Jim (6030)" <BohnsackJA AT GVL.ESYS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:29:41 -0600
I saw Ben's reply and it occurred to me that I was using Q OCC when I
should have been using Q AUDITOCC when I tell management what  a great
job we're doing and how much client storage we are protecting.  So, I
ran an AUDIT LICENSE, Q AUDITOCC and Q OCC and, despite the fact that we
typically install clients with compression turned on, the numbers are
practically identical.  I have 391.57983 GBytes for Q OCC and 391.576
for AUDITOCC.

We are running the VM V2 server.  I know that when I installed
originally, compression worked because I couldn't even backup my own PC
disk on the small test storage pool I initially installed with.  I
turned on compression and it fit with room to spare.

Any ideas?

Jim Bohnsack
Raytheon Systems Co.