ADSM-L

ADSM & EBU

1998-12-02 12:52:37
Subject: ADSM & EBU
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 10:52:37 -0700
Hi Arshad,

>         WARNING, BFS DMS334_01 has been removed from Media
>

>One or more BFSs for job 24 have been removed from the media vendors
>catalog
>Restore from this backup will not be possible.
>Please Invalidate or remove job 24

EBU issues these messages because the storage pool information return from
the agent doesn't match what the EBU catalog database has.  After each
backup ends, EBU sends query command to obtain the storage pool name where
the BFS are stored.  At that moment BFS files might be stored on
BACKUPPOOL.  So EBU logs that information in the catalog database.  Before
you issue the ebutool command, the BFS files might be migrated to another
pool, let's say TAPEPOOL, by the ADSM server migration process.  When you
issue 'ebutool -job=24' ADSM returns TAPEPOOL. which doesn't match with
what EBU catalog has.  That is why these warning messages are issued.

>From ADSM I see these files as active files. As ebu tries to query these
>files from ADSM I get this message in activity log:

>ANE4990I , No object on server match query DMS334_01

As you mention, the BFS are still active on the ADSM server.  When you
restore them, you will able to restore the backups.  The message, ANE4990I,
should come from the backup not from the query.  Before EBU backups, it
makes sure there is no duplicate BFS file names exist on the ADSM server by
issuing query first.  The ANE4990I comes from the backup query.  So you
shouldn't need to worry about that.

regards,
Thiha