ADSM-L

Re: query occupancy for clients?

1998-12-02 15:06:59
Subject: Re: query occupancy for clients?
From: Ben Kokenge <ben AT EDMS DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:06:59 -0600
Sorry my bad.  I was thinking (not clearly) that Q AUDITOCC gives complete
ADSM storage (which in my case include the COPYPOOL), so you have to be
careful.  Paul is correct in that you would have to Q FILESPACE and look
at % utilize to get compression stats.  I really was just trying to warn
you of the COPYPOOL amount that is reflected in the AUDITOCC numbers.  Note
below and see that if I used AUDITOCC it reflects 2X the amount of data
actually stored on the client hard drive.

doh... Ben

EXAMPLE:
adsm> Q OCC DAVID
Node Name         Type  Filespace   Storage     Number of   Physical    Logical
                        Name        Pool Name       Files      Space      Space
                                                            Occupied   Occupied
                                                                (MB)       (MB)
----------------  ----  ----------  ----------  ---------  ---------  ---------
DAVID             Bkup  1gig        BACKUPPOOL      7,867     455.18     455.05
DAVID             Bkup  1gig        BACKUPPOOL      7,867     455.18     455.05
DAVID             Bkup  1gig        COPYPOOL        7,867     453.76     453.76

adsm> Q AUDITOCC DAVID
License information as of last audit on 12/02/1998 at 13:50:48.

Node Name                              Backup   Archive Space-Managed     Total
                                      Storage   Storage  Storage Used   Storage
                                    Used (MB) Used (MB)          (MB) Used (MB)
DAVID                                     909         0             0       909
DAVID                                     909         0             0       909