ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation...

1998-11-19 10:20:32
Subject: Re: Reclamation...
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:20:32 -0600
At 08:32 AM 11/19/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We are having a small problem with reclamations going off in the middle of
>the day. When they happen,  it causes our drives to be tied up for too long,
>and that means we have trouble retrieving archived files for a real-time
>music delivery system.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make reclamations only happen at
>night?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Allen Hutchison
>Digital Library Systems Administrator

My problem is just the opposite, but the solution is the same.  At 9:00
A.M., a scheduled command does "upd stg pool rec=60".  At 7:00 P.M.,
another scheduled command does "upd stg pool rec=100".  That way I don't
have reclamation competing with large server backups at night.  Just
reverse the order of the commands.

Fred Johanson
System Administrator, ADSM
S.E.A.