ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation...

1998-11-19 18:21:45
Subject: Re: Reclamation...
From: Carl Makin <Carl.Makin AT IPAUSTRALIA.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:21:45 +1000
Excellent!

Now I wonder if one more "option" would be useful?  Would it be possible to
limit the number of  cartridges recycled?

Something like;

update stgpool dltpool reclaim=90 reclaim_at_most=3

So that a reclaim will only do the emptiest 3 cartridges?

Do people think this would be useful?

I'd use this to limit the impact reclamations would have on other sessions.
I could lower the reclaim limit in the morning, unitl the reclaim kicks off
and then raise it again.  It would then process just the 3 emptiest
cartridges and then end so it would be more predictable as to how long it
would take.

Carl.

Dave Crockett <crockett AT US.IBM DOT COM> on 20/11/98 01:56:20 am