ADSM-L

Re: ADSM loosing track of mountpoints

1998-08-05 08:44:34
Subject: Re: ADSM loosing track of mountpoints
From: Alexander Verkooyen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 14:44:34 +0200
On 05-Aug-98 Eric van Loon wrote:

> 24 Backup Storage Pool  Primary Pool TAPEPOOL, Copy Pool COPYPOOL, Files
> Backed Up: 0, Bytes Backed Up: 0, Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0.
> Current Physical File (bytes): 47,132,333
>
> Waiting for multiple mount points in device class 3570 (631022 seconds).
>
> Q MOUNT gives:
> ANR2034E QUERY MOUNT: No match found using this criteria.
>
> So, it looks like ADSM is waiting for mountpoints which ARE available!
> The only solution I found to recover from this is to stop and start the
> server.

Eric,

I'm just curious: Is the Backup Storage Pool the only process
that waits for mount points while there are mount points available?
What happens when you start a backup in such a situation?

Regards,

Alexander

Alexander Verkooijen                SARA
Alexander Verkooijen                SARA
Systems Programmer                  Academic Computing
alexander AT sara DOT nl                   Services Amsterdam