ADSM-L

Re: Node Definitions for an Exchange Server

1998-07-29 12:41:15
Subject: Re: Node Definitions for an Exchange Server
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 12:41:15 -0400
Dave,

Yes, you can define your NT server as two different nodes to the ADSM server.
In fact, IBM recommends it!  For example:

     NTSERV1       - for your base ADSM client

     EXC_NTSERV1   - for your Exchange Agent

Why?
The Exchange Agent has its own special policy considerations that are
described in detail in the Exchange Agent User's Guide.
The policy considerations are quite different than what you would
normally want for your normal NT server files.
By the way, the same is true for your SQL Agent, if you are running it.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development