ADSM-L

Node Definitions for an Exchange Server

1998-07-29 11:36:35
Subject: Node Definitions for an Exchange Server
From: "Fackler, Dave" <Dave.Fackler AT SEA.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:36:35 -0400
Hi all!  First and foremost, thanks to everyone for all of the help they
have provided (and I've only posted once so far!)

Now my question.  I have the ADSM Exchange Agent running on a Windows NT
Exchange server.  I have scheduled "at" jobs on the server that kick off the
Exchange agent command-line utility to perform full and diff backups of the
Exchange databases.  I also want to perform full file-based backups of the
server on a monthly basis (to get the registry, other Exchange config files,
etc.)  Can I define my server as two different nodes on the ADSM Server?
One with a management class and policy domain for doing Exchange backups and
another with a management class and policy domain for doing NT file-based
backups?  Are the settings for the different types of backups different
enough to warrent this approach?

Dave Fackler, MCSE, MCT
Senior Systems Consultant
IntelliNet Corporation
1998 Microsoft Southeast Partner of the Year
Phone at Siemens:       770.751.2240
Fax at Siemens:         678.297.7000
Email at Siemens:               dave.fackler AT sea.siemens DOT com
Visit IntelliNet's Web Site at http://www.intelli.net