ADSM-L

Re: ADSM OFFSITE media data

1998-07-22 10:03:45
Subject: Re: ADSM OFFSITE media data
From: "david de leeuw david@bgumail" <david AT BGUMAIL.BGU.AC DOT IL>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:03:45 +0300
Hi Gary,

We are using "move data" to store only a few tapes on offsite.

Suppose X0001 is in the safe. I am running my backup to X0002.

a. I bring in X0001 from the safe, change access mode to "readwrite"

b. I run "move data X0002". This will copy all material from X0002
to X0001.

c. I change the access for X0001 to "offsite"

d. X0002 will be empty now, and used for next copy backups.

Of course the same method can be used to bring in any number of backup
tapes from the safe, "move data" to other tapes, and reuse the
tapes.

David