ADSM-L

Re: ADSM OFFSITE media data

1998-07-22 11:23:50
Subject: Re: ADSM OFFSITE media data
From: Greg Ira <gji01 AT HEALTH.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:23:50 -0400
We keep our reclamation threshold at 100% and schedule reclamation to run
at off-peak times by reseting the reclamation threshold to 60%.  A setting
of 60 will  move all the data off of volumes with %util of 40 or less,a
setting of 90 will reclaim volumes of 10% util or less..etc.  We also will
do small reclamations during the day by doing a Q VOL and finding volumes
with a low (1-10%) utilization and changing the Reclamtion threshold..UPD
STG STORAGEPOOL RECL=## to reclaim just those volumes,both onsite and
offsite.

Greg Ira
ADSTAR Administrator
NYS Dept. Health/BHNSM
Albany, N.Y.  12237
(518) 473-1809         gji01 AT health.state.ny DOT us

Gary Harrison <Gary.Harrison AT ARCADIAGROUP.CO DOT UK> on 07/22/98 08:14:04 AM