ADSM-L

Re: ADSM OFFSITE media data

1998-07-22 20:02:01
Subject: Re: ADSM OFFSITE media data
From: Simon Watson <Simon.S.Watson AT OPENMAIL.FIC32.BSPSER.SIMIS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 08:02:01 +0800
David,

Of course the one big problem with this approach is you no longer have
the "data" onsite if you need to do a recovery.  I have not heard of
this approach before.  The more common method is to have an onsite and
an offsite tape pool and use backup stgpool to update the offsite copy.
 This gives us two completely independant copies of the same data, and
either pool (or individual) tapes can be regenerated if required.

DRM is brilliant for managing all the tape movements, and when starting
from scratch like we just have, it has saved a lot of headaches, even
if it is over priced (for what it is)!

Cheers,
Simon