ADSM-L

Re: Useful 'move data' options

1998-07-17 15:00:07
Subject: Re: Useful 'move data' options
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 15:00:07 -0400
Well, this gets a little confusing, so maybe I will just bump my numbers
up and not try to figure it out.  Right now I have my DRMDBExpire set to
7 days, the Delete DBVolhist runs weekly on Monday at 5 p.m. with today
-8.  DB backups run daily at 1 p.m., offsite tapes are returned and sent
Monday around 11 a.m.  These are the revised numbers after another kind
Monday around 11 a.m.  These are the revised numbers after another kind
person on the list suggested this might be the problem.  I think with
the current settings I might lose 1 tape a week (4/month), but I don't
think it will account for the 3-5 tapes per week that I am losing.

Before I call this in to IBM again, I will try adjusting these numbers
one more time.  Perhaps I will up the delete dbvolhist to a large number
for now, like maybe -20, just to see if the problem clears up.  This is
a good time to try it though, as we just inventoried the tapes this past
Monday.  Thanks for the help!