ADSM-L

Reclamation failures

1998-07-10 04:27:24
Subject: Reclamation failures
From: Moodley Desigan * Datavia <DesiganM AT TRANSNET.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:27:24 +0200
Hi,

We're running ADSM version 3 release 1 level 0.0 on MVS. We're having a
problem with space reclamations. Once a reclamation fails, we check the
failing volume, usually output volume, and most of the time it is not in
the robot, so we "update vol xxx access=unavail". Space reclamations
continue to ask for these volumes even though they are unavailable. We
tried moving the data from the input volume to disk but this fails with
the error message "space reclamation already in progress for volume".
When one does a query process, there are no reclamations running. How
can we stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance
Desigan Moodley
* DesiganM AT Transnet.co DOT za