ADSM-L

Linux backup

1998-06-25 02:37:34
Subject: Linux backup
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 02:37:34 -0400
Hi,

I'm in the process of testing linux boxes backup with adsm. I installed the
brand new RedHat 5.1, and have several questions :

When I install the package iBCS it needs the package modules. But when I
install the package modules, it conflicts with the package modutils.
Nevertheless, if I force the installation of modules over modutils, I can
install iBCS and adsm works. Can those of you using recent versions of
Linux tell me about the versions of packages they use ?

Now iBCS is installed and adsm client v2 works. I tried to install the
adsm v3 client. I can tell how I did to extract the files and put them in
the right (?) directories, as the process of doing that in this version is
quite different. But the problem is that I just can't execute any command
(I checked file permissions), the shell just answers there is no executable
file by that name... ??? Maybe a problem with a shared library ?

And last but not least, when I use dsm command to archieve files, it
works well for some filesystems, I can get a list of files when I ask for
it, but there is on filesystem for which I don't get the answer... Ok, it's
a big filesystem, over 3 GB, and it has many files, and the cpu is only a
poor old p100, and the disk is a poor old (and a bit slow) raid-5 system,
but, anyway, I still may expect any answer after almost 1 hour, shouldn't I ?

Any help is welcomed,

Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE