ADSM-L

Re: Using separate tape drives for stgpools.

1998-06-23 23:13:20
Subject: Re: Using separate tape drives for stgpools.
From: Jennifer Davis <jedavis AT DFW DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:13:20 -0500
John,

Don't want to steal Wanda's limelight, but since there is not reply yet.......

This is because ADSM does not care what physical slot a tape is in .... it
relies on the library to keep track of this for it.

Since the DEVCLASS defines a DEVTYPE, like DLT, which is tied to the
LIBRARY definition, and the LIBRARY definition is tied to the DEFINE DRIVE
command, when you run CHECKIN LIBVOL (which requires a libraryname) ADSM
goes through the aforementioned "ties" and asks the library for candidates
only in that category of tape. The library determines where it sits
(slotwise) and loads it up for ADSM.

Cheers!